VCorp Capital Sdn. Bhd. (“we”, “us” or “our”) values the protection of your personal data and is committed to protecting the personal data, provided by the Customer (“you” or “your”), in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). This PDP Notice (which may be amended or updated by us from time to time) clarifies how we process your personal data from the point we collect, use, share, dispose of and the security measures that we established to ensure your personal data is well protected. This PDP Notice is provided in the English and Malay languages and should there be any conflict in the interpretation between the English and Malay versions, the English version will prevail.
By accessing this website and/or using our services, you agree to be bound by this PDP Notice, and consent to the collection and processing of your personal data by us.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your personal information, which could include, but is not limited to, your name, home address, email address, phone number, as well as financial, creditworthiness, and tax-related information.
- SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
We collect your personal data from various sources, including verbal or written communications with you, as well as personal information provided by you on account opening applications or other forms. This information may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, occupation, race, nationality, employment details, or income.
We also gather personal data related to your transactions with us, our affiliates, or third parties, such as account balances, payment history, and account activity.
Additionally, we may collect personal data about you as a result of referral programs, marketing campaigns, contests, or surveys.
- REASON(s) FOR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
We collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- Carrying out new or existing client verification.
- Providing ongoing account administration and services related to your account, such as collecting amounts due, enforcing security, and protecting our rights and interests.
- Designing new products and services or marketing existing or future products and services to you.
- Maintaining records in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Providing services in accordance with any other agreements and services related to you.
- Compliance with any law, regulation, court order, or order of any regulatory body.
- Execution of your instructions or in connection with our business or dealings.
- Conducting market research, such as analysing the number and profile of users, for business planning and product and service enhancement.
- Responding to your inquiries.
- Any other purpose incidental or associated with the above matters.
- PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
By disclosing your personal data to us, you consent to the transfer of your information to locations outside of Malaysia, where necessary for the provision of the services you have requested or to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including but not limited to storage purposes.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
You are required to provide the personal data requested during the account opening process or as requested by us. If you choose not to provide this information, we will not have sufficient information to open and administer your account.
Rest assured that we will keep all of your personal data confidential. However, we may need to process or disclose your personal data to certain parties, both within and outside Malaysia, as necessary to provide you with the services you have requested. By us and/or any of our affiliates or associates. We may need to disclose your personal date to the following parties:
- Our directors, officers, employees, or agents.
- Nominees or custodians in whose name securities or other property may be registered.
- Contractors, agents, or service providers who provide administrative, data processing, storage, financial, computer, telecommunications, payment, securities clearing, legal, advisory, professional, or other authorized services necessary to carry out your instructions or our business, or with whom we have contractual agreements for some of our functions and services.
- Actual or proposed assignees, participants, or sub-participants of our rights in respect of a customer, for the purpose of evaluating the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation, or sub-participation.
- Governmental, regulatory, or other bodies or institutions, as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- Third parties designated or appointed by you, with reasons accepted by us.
- A drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee) to the drawer.
- Parties permitted under any applicable law, regulation, court order, or order of any regulatory body.
- SECURITY MEASURE
We place great importance on protecting your personal data, as it is a valuable asset to us. We have implemented strict procedures and security measures in compliance with international best practices to ensure the security of your information. Our commitment to security includes ongoing reviews and updates of our technical and organizational measures in the processing of your personal data.
Furthermore, we provide our employees with comprehensive training on how to handle personal data securely and with the utmost care. Any employee who fails to comply with our strict security policies may be subject to disciplinary action.
While we take every precaution to ensure the security of your personal data, you also play a role in protecting your information. We require you to keep your password secure and not to disclose it to any third party to reduce the risk of data breaches.
- PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We retain your personal data for as long as you are our customer, and for a period of seven (7) years after the end of our customer relationship. However, in certain circumstances, we may be required by law to retain your personal data for a longer period of time.
In addition, there may be specific situations where it is necessary for us to retain your personal data for longer, such as when a dispute arises. In such cases, we will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to resolve the dispute, or as required by law.
- USE OF DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
We may use your personal data for direct marketing purposes. However, please note the following:
The following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
We may use your personal data for direct marketing purposes in relation to financial, securities, and investment-related services and products, as well as associated promotional offers, reward and loyalty programs, co-branded services and products, and charitable or non-profit making purposes. These services and products may be provided by us or any of our group members, third-party financial institutions, securities and investment service providers, reward and loyalty program providers, co-branding partners, or charitable or non-profit making organizations.
In addition to marketing these services and products us, we may also provide your data to the third parties listed above for use in their marketing efforts.
If you do not wish for your personal data to be used in the above-mentioned direct marketing activities, you may exercise your opt-out rights by notifying our Privacy Officer via the contact details provided below.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under the PDPA, you have the right to access and correct your personal data. In general, and subject to certain exemptions, you are entitled to:
- You have the right to enquire whether we hold your personal data and request access to it within a reasonable time, in a reasonable manner, and in an intelligible form, subject to a prescribed fee. You may also request the correction or update of your personal data.
- If we refuse your request for access or correction, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and you may object to it.
- You may also withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data. However, if you do not consent to the collection and processing of this data, we may not be able to open or maintain your account with us as we require sufficient information to manage your account.